Saturday, April 18, 2020

A Change of Name

As I start to complete my editing, I soon notice that my name is still in Spanish. With the limited resources that I had and the quarantine not making my life any simpler, I had to choose to keep the main language English. For me this is quite disspoiting since I based so much of my reasearch and my challenge on the ideal of a bilingual movie. However I understand that it is one task I just could not reach at the moment. My actor who was supposed to speak Spanish could not help me film, and my back up actor did not speak Spanish. I felt that having the short film shift back and forth between languages would be far too confusing for the audience. So I chose to change the name, and with that change of name my narration became more concise and clearer.

One thing I had to do was base a lot of my short film on the main characters train of though, at first I was quite afraid of doing so as Tina had warned me that it could come it very bad. I think the mix of dialogue and scenes alongside my narration works well. I truly hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

https://youtu.be/MK9ukrCSdHo